Asian Paints SmartCare Damp Block is a polymer modified, flexible cementatious waterproof coating. Damp Block is a single pack high performance cementatious product formulated with elastic waterproofing polymers, nano-technology based additives, and the latest crystalline technology. It is a three layer coating which provides adequate thickness and upon curing forms a strong damp proofing barrier.
View Product Information Sheet
Areas of application
- Damp interior walls adjacent to bathroom, kitchen and exteriors.
- Walls affected by ground rising dampness.
- Walls affected by efflorescence.
Product features & benefits
- Remove old paint, putty or existing POP using chisel, wire brush.
- Ensure you reach the cement plaster before product application.
- Re-plaster if existing plaster is in very poor condition.
- Repair the concerned area to stop the source of dampness.
- Apply 2 coats of Damp Block at least 2 feet beyond in all directions from the affected area.
- Apply an additional coat of Damp Block in case of severe dampness.
- For best results, strictly follow the dilution and forced coverage requirements.
- Apply only on cementatious plaster and not on POP / existing paint.
- Not designed for application on ceiling affected due to seepage from toilets upstairs. It is recommended to go to the source and apply the product in the sunken areas.
- Always add powder to water, not reverse, to ensure the mixture is free of lumps.
- Mix only enough mixture that can be used within 2 hours.
- For best results, arrest the source of water before applying Damp Block.
- Available in 2 kg, 5 kg and 10 kg packs