Asian Paints is committed to managing its operations including the deployment of resources using principles of sustainable development to minimize impact on the environment and communities.
• We shall comply with all statutory requirements. We consider compliance with statutory EHS requirements as the minimum performance standard and are committed to going beyond and adopting stricter standards. We will partner with the Government and Industry Associations for policy and regulatory reforms related to the environment. We shall annually publish our environmental performance to all stakeholders.
• We shall source our materials and products from vendors that comply with all applicable statutory regulations including child labour laws. We shall encourage our Business Partners to protect environment including efficient use of natural resources, climate change mitigation, reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, prevention of pollution, waste reduction, and operate with consistent standards.
• We shall continually improve our products with an intention to reduce their environmental footprint. We shall inform the customers about the environmental impact and safe use of our products.
• We shall consult, inform, and train our employees to understand the impacts of operations on the environment and enable them to work in compliance with the policy.
• We are committed to protecting the environment by:
o Adhering to the highest operational standards for handling hazardous materials
o Preventing Pollution & leveraging the 3R (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) Principle and moving towards Zero Industrial Effluent Generation and Zero Hazardous Solid Waste Generation
o Minimizing impact of end-of-life plastics generated out of our packaging material
o Reducing Energy-Intensity, Carbon-Intensity and increasing the contribution of Energy from Renewable Sources
o Leveraging Rainwater Harvesting, Water Conservation & Water Replenishment and utilizing waste water as an alternate source
o Nurturing Biodiversity within and outside our factory premises
• We are committed to continuous improvement in our Environmental Management System and performance on environment related parameters in all business processes and shall track and publish such improvement through measurable indicators.
This policy applies to all our sites where we have operational control over our activities, products and services, distribution, and logistics, as well as to all employees and contractors that work in them. This policy extends to all our subsidiaries, associates, and joint ventures to the extent applicable.
Asian Paints is committed to continuously reviewing and updating its policies and procedures. Our management is responsible for the execution of the policy. The Board of Directors shall review this Policy once in three (3) years. Therefore, this Policy is subject to modification. This Policy and every subsequent modification, alteration, or amendment made thereto, shall be promptly disclosed on our website (www.asianpaints.com).