Formulated to withstand extreme tropical conditions of high rainfall, humidity and heat.
Resistance to growth of algae and fungi preventing the appearance of black spots on walls.
Protection against UV degradation ensuring that the shade doesn’t fade fast.
Includes two coats each primer, putty and fresh paint.
Here's your budget estimate:
Ensure a perfect finish with these additional products.
Transform ordinary exteriors of your home into amazing work of art. Browse through our handpicked collection of exterior textures.
Increase the life of all painted surfaces in your home by protecting them from leakage, seepage etc. using SmartCare range of products.
Apex Weatherproof Emulsion covers 5-6 square metre in 1 litre of paint for a minimum of 2 coats.
The dilution required for Apex Weatherproof Emulsion is 40% of the volume of the paint. For example, in one litre of Apex Weatherproof Emulsion, you need to dilute 400 ml. of water.
This product is available with all our authorised dealers.
If the lid of the product hasn't been opened, it can be utilised within 3 years of its manufacturing date. However, if the product tin has been opened, we recommend you to use it within 24 hours.
The lifespan of the product is 5 years.
New masonry surfaces must be allowed to cure completely. 28 days is the curing period we recommend.
A few pre-requisites for applying the Apex Exterior Weatherproof Emulsion are:
1) Check if there are any light green, dark green or black spots on your walls(Algae). If yes then, clean the wall surface using a bio-wash. For the bio-wash, mix 15% of locally available bleaching powder in a bucket full of water. This mixture will kill all the organic growth on the wall surface.
2) Please ensure that all water leakages and seepages are repaired before painting.
3) Check if there are any cracks in your walls. If there are minor surface cracks, you need to fill them with Exterior Wall Putty or a mixture of cement and sand. However, for bigger cracks you need to consult your nearest local civil contractors.
1) Cleaning: (If required with bio-wash) Sand the surface using Emery Paper No 180 followed by Emery Paper No 320 or 400 and wipe it clean.
2) Smoothen: Use Asian Paints Wall Putty to smoothen surfaces (Optional).
3) Priming: Apply Exterior Wall Primer.
4) To apply the paint, mix 400 - 450 ml. of water with 1 litre of Apex Weatherproof Emulsion. Apply 2 - 3 coats of Apex Weatherproof Emulsion with a 4 - 6 hours gap between each coat.
Waterproofing is done with special compounds available in the market. No paint can be used for this purpose. An Asian Paints dealer can give you further details on waterproofing.
Apex is made of special formulations to fight harsh weather conditions. Hence, it is best for exterior walls. We recommend Royale Paints and premium emulsion for interiors.
Apex used over cement paint causes flaking. The paint will not be very durable and long lasting.
The VOC Level in Apex Weatherproof Emulsion Classic White is 32.34 grams per litre.