Asian Paints SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme is a single component, ready-to-use, film forming interior waterproofing solution that provides best-in-class solution to interior waterproofing problems like dampness and efflorescence. It comes with 5 years waterproofing warranty* on Dampness and Efflorescence on plaster surfaces.
Spruce up your home décor by lending a touch of radiance on walls with interior wall paints. Our wide range of interior paints are available in 2200+ colours.
Add personality to your home's exteriors with elegant wall paints. Our durable exterior paints help beautify as well as protect your home.
SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme can be used for interior walls and masonry surfaces at plaster level.
The following steps need to be followed for applying SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme:
1. Surface Preparation: The surface under treatment should be firm and strong, clean and free from oil or any loosely held plaster/powder. For weak and crumbling surfaces replastering is recommended. The masonry surface should be fully cured prior to application.
2. For existing efflorescence surfaces: Remove existing efflorescence using efflorescence cleaner or by wire brushing till plaster level. Remove existing putty till plaster level from skirting till affected area covering 1 feet extra area. Post that apply 2 coats of SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme with a forced coverage of 20 sq. ft/litre for 2 coats with the help of a brush. First coat should be with 10% dilution with water and second coat should be undiluted. Between 2 coats, allow a drying time of 6 to 8 hours.
3. For surfaces in good condition without efflorescence: Remove existing putty till plaster level from skirting till affected area covering 1 feet extra area. Post that apply 1 coat of SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme with a forced coverage of 35-40 sq. ft/litre. Allow it to dry for 6 to 8 hours.
4. Putty Application: Post application of SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme, we need to apply 2 coats of Asian Paints TruCare Wall Putty or Asian Paints TruCare Acrylic Wall Putty or Asian Paints SmartCare Waterproof Putty. Please note that putty application is mandatory post application of Hydroloc Xtreme.
5. Primer & Top Coat Application: Post Putty application, we can go for primer and top coat application as per recommended painting process.
The following are the precautions for SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme:
Yes, it is a forced coverage of 20 sq ft/litre for 2 coats. For surfaces where there is no dampness and efflorescence, 1 coat needs to be applied at a forced coverage of 35-40 sq.ft/litre.
The shelf life of SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme is 24 months.
SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme is available in packs of 1 ltr, 4 ltrs and 10 ltrs.
No, SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme is not an undercoat. It is to be used a pre-putty waterproofing coating. Post Hydroloc Xtreme application, one should always use a putty coat and then follow it up with primer and top coat. We can use either cement putty like Asian Paints Trucare Wall Putty or Waterproofing Putty, or Asian Paints Acrylic Putty or Asian Paints 2X primer Putty. Don’t use local putties like lambi putty.
Yes, there is a 5-year warranty at plaster level. It covers both dampness and efflorescence.
No, it is not recommended to directly apply primer or topcoat over SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme. Post Hydroloc Xtreme application, one should always use a putty coat and then follow it up with primer and top coat. We can use either cement putty like Asian Paints Trucare Wall Putty or Waterproofing Putty, or Asian Paints Acrylic Putty or Asian Paints 2X primer Putty. Don’t use local putties like lambi putty.
We do not recommend tinting this product. It is to be used as a pre-putty coat at plaster level.
SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme can be applied on surfaces having moisture level up to 90%.
SmartCare Hydroloc Xtreme offers a 5-year warranty at plaster level on both dampness and efflorescence.