Asian Paints SmartCare AkrylMax is an acrylic emulsion based plastic elastic sealant for sealing masonry joints that can be top coated with a water-based paint.
Spruce up your home décor by lending a touch of radiance on walls with interior wall paints. Our wide range of interior paints are available in 2200+ colours.
Add personality to your home's exteriors with elegant wall paints. Our durable exterior paints help beautify as well as protect your home.
The SmartCare AkrylMax is available in White shade.
The areas of application of SmartCare AkrylMax includes joints between:
1) Wooden, and metal window and door frames
2) Concrete and brickwork
3) Stairs and walls
4) Concrete and ceiling elements
5) Wall and ceiling, skirting boards and windowsills
6) Electrical boards & Masonry
7) Anodized Aluminium
The SmartCare AkrylMax is available in a 310 ml pack.
There are a few precautions to be taken while applying SmartCare AkrylMax:
1) SmartCare AkrylMax is recommended for joints that have a maximum movement of 7.5 %.
2) It is recommended application temperature between above 5 deg C or below 45 deg C.
3) It is not recommended over Polyethyene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), Teflon and bituminous surfaces.
4) It is not recommended for continuous water emersion & wet surface.
5) Prevent exposure to rain for at least five hours after application in exterior.
The SmartCare AkrylMax has a shelf-life is 1 year between +5 degree Centigrade and +25 degree Centigrade.
The application procedure for SmartCare AkrylMax is comprised of 8 steps:
1) Clean the surface by removing dust, loose particles, oil & grease. Surfaces must be clean, dry and sound.
2) For highly porous substrates, use diluted AkrylMax as a primer. For interiors, use Asian Paints Decoprime water based primer, and for exteriors, use Exterior Primer before application of Sealant.
3) Cut the nozzle & tip of the cartridge at a 45 degree angle, according to joint dimensions.
4) Apply the sealant using a sealant gun.
5) Use a pallet knife or wet finger to remove air bubbles from the surface.
6) A second coat is required for butt joints after 6 hours drying of first coat.
7) Use diluted AkrylMax as a primer. For interiors use Asian Paints Decoprime water - based Primer, and for exteriors, use Exterior Primer before top coating with a water-based paint.
8) Use masking tape on both the sides of the joint to get neat & uniform application.
The SmartCare AkrylMax has a coverage of 42 running feet (for joints of 4mm by 6mm).
The advantages of SmartCare AkrylMax are as follows:
1) AkrylMax ensures excellent adhesion with multiple surfaces, whereas Putty/crack Fillers provides adhesion with limited surfaces.
2) It accommodates joint movement up to +/- 7.5 % whereas Putty/crack Fillers has 0 % Joint movement.
3) It is water resistant whereas Putty/crack Fillers are not.
4) It has high durability whereas Putty / Crack Fillers have low durability.
5) It can fill gaps upto 20mm whereas with Putty / Crack Fillers, the material will crack.
For the application of SmartCare AkrylMax, the minimum joint width is 4 mm, and maximum joint width is 25 mm.