Asian Paints SmartCare Crack Seal is a ready to use fiber glass reinforced crack filling compound for both interior and exterior surfaces.
Spruce up your home décor by lending a touch of radiance on walls with interior wall paints. Our wide range of interior paints are available in 2200+ colours.
Add personality to your home's exteriors with elegant wall paints. Our durable exterior paints help beautify as well as protect your home.
The areas of application for SmartCare Crack Seal are:
1) Cracks on all interior and exterior absorbent surfaces.
2) Suitable for plaster cracks of up to 3 mm width.
3) Cracks and gap caused by drying and shrinkage.
4) Crack Seal can be used as a substitute for crack bridging elastic tapes and fabric.
The coverage of SmartCare Crack Seal is 75 running feet per kg for 2 coats (for cracks of 3mm width 5mm depth).
The SmartCare Crack Seal is available in 360 grams, 900 grams+K4 and 5 Kg packs.
There are a few precautions to be taken while applying SmartCare Crack Seal:
1) Do not apply SmartCare Crack Seal for cracks of more than 3 mm width.
2) Do not apply on wet surfaces.
3) It is meant for plaster cracks. Do not apply on structural or joint cracks.
The SmartCare Crack Seal is opaque white in colour.
The drying time of SmartCare Crack Seal is a minimum 6 hours, depending on temperature & humidity of the surroundings.
If properly closed, and kept away from frost and humidity, the shelf-life of SmartCare Crack Seal is 36 months.
The application procedure for SmartCare Crack Seal is comprised of 7 simple steps:
1) Open the cracks and widen them to form a ‘V’ shaped groove. Clean the area thoroughly so that it is free from loose dust particles.
2) Post cleaning, treat the opened crack using a primer.
3) Apply the first coat of SmartCare Crack Seal on the crack using a spatula or putty knife. Press the paste firmly into the crack and level with the surface.
4) Apply in consecutive perpendicular layers to avoid leaving air pockets.
5) Allow it to set for 6-8 hours.
6) Apply the second coat of SmartCare Crack Seal in the same manner.
7) Further finishing like POP or putty can be taken up once the coat is fully dry.