- The surface should be absolutely free from dirt, dust, grease, rust, moisture etc.
- Cover the area that you don’t want to paint with a masking tape, paper and/or cloth.
A good surface preparation is essential to ensure the performance of a paint system.
- In case of new steel surfaces applied with grease / oil, degreasing is to be carried out by washing or wiping with suitable solvent.
- Thoroughly sand the surface with Emery Paper 180, so as to remove loose rusts. Wipe clean.
- For hot-rolled steel surfaces, it is recommended to remove the mill scale by sand blasting. This step is essential for the performance of high performance primer systems like epoxies.
- For cold-rolled steel surfaces, though sand blasting is preferable, a thorough cleaning by mechanical sanding will be adequate.
- For non-ferrous metal surfaces like aluminium, galvanized iron, tin etc., apply a coat of etch primer.
- Asian Paints offers a wide range of metal primers and in the increasing order of rust protection, they are - TruCare Red Oxide Primer, Decoprime Premium Metal Primer, TruCare Yellow Primer, Apcolite Advanced 2-Pack Epoxy Primer and TruCare Grey 1-Pack Epoxy Primer.
- Apply your chosen Asian Paints metal primer, chosen according to your corrosion protection requirement, as per their corresponding application procedure.
- Apply the primers as per their corresponding application recommendations.
- Ensure adequate drying time for primers as per their product recommendations.
- Sand the primer with emery paper No. 400. Wipe clean and ensure that the surface is free of particles.
- We offer a range of top coats viz, Apcolite Premium Gloss enamel, Apcolite Advanced High Gloss enamel, Apcolite Premium Satin Enamel, Apcolite Advanced 2 K Epoxy Finish, Tractor enamel.
- Apply the top coats as per their corresponding application recommendations.
- Ensure adequate drying time between coats as per the corresponding product recommendation.
- Ensure application of recommended number of coats for best performance of the overall painting system.