High sheen, brilliant white colour and thick coat reflects heat and reduces temperature upto 6 degrees celsius.
Asian Paints SmartCare Damp Proof is a fiber reinforced elastomeric liquid applied water proofing membrane.
Spruce up your home décor by lending a touch of radiance on walls with interior wall paints. Our wide range of interior paints are available in 2200+ colours.
Add personality to your home's exteriors with elegant wall paints. Our durable exterior paints help beautify as well as protect your home.
The recommended areas of application for SmartCare Damp Proof are:
1) All exterior masonary surfaces susceptible to water ingress.
2) Building roofs/terraces, parapet, sunshades and exterior vertical walls.
3) Damp Proof can be applied on existing IPS, sound brick-bat coba or cementatious waterproofing.
The coverage of SmartCare Damp Proof for horizontal areas is 10 square feet per litre, and for vertical walls is 20-25 square feet per litre.
The SmartCare Damp Proof is available in 4 litre and 20 litre packs.
There are a few precautions to be taken while applying SmartCare Damp Proof:
1) Do not apply SmartCare Damp Proof during rains or extreme temperatures.
2) Avoid abuses which may lead to puncturing of membrane.
3) Ensure that SmartCare Damp Proof is applied at least 6 inch inside the drain pipe.
4) For best results, apply parapet to parapet to envelope the entire building.
SmartCare Damp Proof is available in a ready-to-use viscous liquid.
The SmartCare Damp Proof can be kept open for upto 2 hours.
If properly closed, and kept away from frost and humidity, the shelf-life of SmartCare Damp Proof is 36 months.
The application procedure of SmartCare Damp Proof for Horizontal areas is comprised of 5 steps:
1) Clean the surface and ensure that it is free of oil, grease and loose dust particles. It is recommended to use intense wire-brushing or high-speed water jet.
2) The substrate must be checked for its soundness using a small hammer. All cracks and damaged portions of up to 3 mm should be treated with SmartCare Crack Seal.
3) Apply a self priming coat of SmartCare Damp Proof (diluted with water in 3:1 ratio).
4) Apply two perpendicular coats of SmartCare Damp Proof without dilution. While the material is wet insert a SmartCare Joint Tapes in all corners and joints. Achieve a forced coverage of 10 square feet per litre for the system.
5) Allow to dry for 4-6 hours between coats.