Are you ready for some serious action with your living room wall texture designs? We frequently discuss how colour selections can harmonise the appearance of a room's elements. Similar to colour combinations, living room wall texture can provide dimension and intrigue to a space that might be without a focal point or architectural characteristics.
Texture paint for living rooms can be added to walls through various means, with the most common being substantial materials such as tile or fabrics that are pleasing to touch. Other options include contemporary 3D wall cladding or full-scale art installations that can give a unique character to your living space. For a budget-friendly option, you can play with implied textures through repeating patterns and subtle colour variations. Whatever your choice, adding texture to your walls is an excellent way to create an inviting and visually interesting living space.
The most popular wall texture is the comb texture. Because of its adaptability, the comb texture is favoured by the majority of homeowners. The comb wall texture can sport various designs like vertical, horizontal, fan, stripes, semi-circle, and more. The trowel, which resembles a comb, is used by the comb to produce lines on the drywall compound that are different widths.
The brick wall look: A timeless wall texture design for hall, can be created with tiles, drywall compound or wallpaper that’s proven to bring intimacy to spaces where the family hangs out the most.
Matte texture: Offers an elegant finish and a perfect background for your texture paint designs for hall, great for hiding flaws and creating contrast in poorly lit rooms.
Comb texture: Versatile and creates many patterns, created by dragging a comb-like tool through drywall compound.
Popcorn texture: Originally a popular ceiling texture, now used as a wall texture, rough and jagged texture that is suitable for your living room wall texture.
If you play your cards right, textured walls can add a special blend of elegance and fun to your living area. There is not just one best texture when it comes to living room wall texture design but many techniques that could be suitable to your personal choice. Textures like comb, needle, concrete, dapple wall texture, fizz texture, spatula texture, etc., are considered a great choice for your living room wall textures.
Consider the surrounding element's colour schemes, patterns, furniture, etc., to make sure the textured living rooms look harmonious and balanced. Adding decorative elements like wall art, mirrors, or textured accents like vases, bowls, or baskets that blend with the texture of the walls can be a great way to complement the room. Choosing furniture with clean lines and simple designs can help balance out the texture on the walls and create a cohesive look. If you have an open living-dining concept, then match your living room wall textures with dining room wall texture design.
Some latest living room modern texture paint ideas are:
● Concrete or cement finishes: This gives an industrial, modern and contemporary feel to the texture design for your living room.
● Terrazzo: A decorative finish achieved by mixing small chips of various colours and materials, such as marble, glass, or granite, with a binder.
● 3D wall panels: These are living room modern texture paint designs and can be made from a variety of materials including wood, metal, and gypsum.
● Wooden accent walls: This can give a warm and natural feel to the wall texture design for living room.
● Stucco: This technique is based on a plaster material applied in layers and can be tinted to match your desired colour combination for hall with texture.
● Exposed brick: Giving an industrial, rustic and vintage feel to your texture design for living room.
1. Actual texture paint for living room
Actual texture refers to the physical surface of a wall or design and is experienced through touch. The sensation one would feel when running their hand over a wall can vary depending on the materials used to construct it.
2. Simulated texture paint for living room
Did you know that you can create a textured wall without all the hassle of actually adding texture? One way to do this is by using a simulated or artificial texture. This can be done through a faux finish, which can give you the same look as if you had used oil-based paint, but with fewer fumes.
3. Abstract texture for living room
Abstract texture designs are created using geometric shapes and colours to create a visual pattern. These patterns are usually not based on anything real, but rather on a designer’s imagination. Abstract patterns can look great in an open concept living-kitchen room. Abstract living room wall textures can be replicated in your kitchen wall colour design for a unique but uniform look.
4. Invented texture paint for living room
Invented wall texture designs are created by combining objects or shapes from the physical world to create a new design. These textures are usually based on something real, such as a flower, a leaf, or an animal. Flower texture paint designs for hall are a popular choice.
Although there are numerous options for texture paint designs for living rooms, some of them have remained timeless. Here are some wall textures that are both on-trend and classic that we have put together for living room.
● Stone: This technique simulates the look of natural stone and can be achieved by using a textured roller or by splattering a stone-like paint on the wall.
● Popcorn: A popular textured paint finish that creates a bumpy, popcorn-like surface on the walls.
● Brushing: This technique involves dragging a brush through wet paint to create a textured, linear pattern on the walls.
● Comb: This is similar to brushing, but the texture is created by dragging a comb through wet paint. This technique can create a unique, wavy pattern on the walls.
● Sponging: Can be used to create a subtle textured look by applying paint to a sponge and dabbing it onto the wall.
● Asian Paints offers a wide range of luxury texture paints designs for living room to modernise Indian homes.
● Our colour textures are customisable, and the textured paint can be tinted with any colourant to achieve desired shade as per taste.
● These are long-lasting and washable yet elegant and timeless. .
● Our trained paint contractors ensure you get the best results with your living room wall textures. Our service is professional, safe, and easy.