Do your living room walls appear to be rather blank? Or are you looking forward to filling them up with paint, textures, and décor? If yes, the moment to curate your area with unique living room wall design ideas is now. To help you get started, we've rounded up a collection of the best wall designs for living rooms from a variety of sources.
Whether you prefer a modern and formal look or a rustic and approachable style, you'll find something below that will inspire you to decorate your space.
Besides these living room ideas, we’ve included tips to face the common design challenges and ways to create the living room of your dreams.
When decorating a living room, there are no set rules to follow. The key is to make sure all decor elements work together to reflect the overall style of the space and the rest of the home.
Avoid going overboard with too many neutral or bold colours. Instead, establish a colour scheme in advance to find a balance. If a bold-coloured sofa is your statement piece, keep the rest of the decor more subdued. Don't neglect the importance of mid-sized decor items such as rugs, throw pillows, curtains, and indoor plants, which can be both functional and aesthetic. Lighting is another crucial aspect to consider; adding a ceiling light or spotlighting can create a warm and inviting ambience.
You can express your personal sense of style in a variety of ways, for instance, by adding either a cold neutral palette or vibrant colour tones. For your hall paint design, choose contemporary colour combos like beige and purple, olive green and cream, or purple and white. Whatever matches your style!
1. Wallpaper design ideas for living room
Adding a wallpaper is one of the most popular ways to add a character to a space. can they brighten up space but also add an element of fun to it. Highlight your aesthetic by using intricate grid-like patterns, interlocking stripes, geometric patterns, or modern abstracts.
2. Wall texture design ideas living room
Your living room wall design can benefit from the exciting addition of textures and patterns, which will give the place a unique personality. A metallic texture can give a living room an ultra-modern feel, while a wooden texture can give it a luxurious, rustic feel. Patterns are recognised to have a beneficial impact on the human mind, from solid brick patterns to geometric lines and shapes.
3. TV unit design for living room
There are several well-liked solutions for incorporating a TV unit design into a living space. The TV can be hung on the wall to save space and provide a simple, modern appearance. By enclosing the TV in art or other decorative pieces, you can succeed in it into a gallery wall. Another choice is to hide the TV behind a cabinet or screen. You could also incorporate the TV into a bookshelf unit and utilise the shelves to show off things like books and plants.
The living room is a vital part of daily life, with the average person spending around 4.4 hours per day, or about 1,606 hours a year in this space. Given the importance of this area, it is natural to want to choose the best colour for living room walls, but the question remains, what is the perfect colour choice?
The right wall colour combinations for the hall can add warmth, create a focal point, or even make a room appear larger. When it comes to choosing your living room colour combinations, there are many options to consider.
When deciding on your hall colour combination, opt for a captivating set of contrasting colours to elevate the overall look of your living space. By incorporating neutral shades for the living room, you can create a cohesive foundation for your house's colour scheme. Add a touch of vibrancy to the room with accent colours, cleverly infused into your furniture and artwork. Embrace the trend of contemporary and stunning monochromatic living room designs, which allow ample room for experimenting with various hues and furnishing styles. With the right living room colour combination, your space will exude elegance and modern appeal.
When considering the hall colour combination or living room colour combination, it's best to opt for vibrant and low-maintenance hues. Shades like navy blue, indigo, greens, browns, and grey work wonders as they both enliven and bring a calming effect to the space. However, be cautious with pastel colours in living rooms due to high traffic, as they are more prone to getting soiled. Thus, choose wisely for a stunning and easy-to-maintain living space with the right hall colour combination or living room colour combination.
Consider something more active like a sculptural object, or television unit positioned on your living room wall as opposed to a conventional painting or print. If you enjoy the concept of hanging numerous pieces, arrange frames into a neat gallery by hanging them straight up and down. It's the ideal way to fill up some empty space. A great technique to let light into the living room and enlarge a tiny area is with a conventional mirror. In an open kitchen-living room concept, you can match your living room colour scheme with kitchen colours.
To improve the look of an empty living area, arrange sculptures, bright books, beautiful boxes, and small things on the shelves of a bookshelf. This looks good in a room with wall art and other decorations. The most apparent option for a statement artwork in the living room is to hang it carefully over the couch. It’s a classic style that is simple to customise to your preferences. Another option is to hang a statement artwork or a family portrait in the passage of the living room with an interesting hallway colour combination.
Painting is an efficient and simple way to infuse a living room with style and character. Whether the room serves as a peaceful retreat or a lively hub for a family, a fresh coat of paint can dramatically change the space. When planning a living room makeover, colour should be a top priority. Even if you prefer neutral shades, select hues that complement the room. Let’s explore some of the best wall colour combinations for living rooms, as well as provide some tips for modern two-colour combinations for living rooms.
1. Grey Two Colour Combination For Living Room: Grey, especially dark grey, is a great shade to anchor bold colours, such as yellow, orange, red, teal, and bright pink as it really makes them stand out. Mustard yellow and grey’s two-colour combination for living rooms is an influential colour scheme if you are looking forward to decorating a small living room that doesn’t receive a lot of light and will turn that area into an inviting and sensational space. Additionally, grey is a popular colour choice for painting living rooms, as it creates a calming atmosphere while also providing a neutral backdrop for other colours and patterns.
2. Orange Colour Combination Living Room: An orange colour combination living room is vivacious, energising, and awakens the senses. It's preferable to combine darker tones with neutral colours that let the darker tones come through, so they stand out. Beige can be used to complement the orange hue in minimalist environments. Orange colour will be able to achieve the intended effect in addition to blending into the background, making the orange colour combination for living room walls a trendy statement.
3. Blue And Gray Living Room Combination: Combining the ever-popular shades of blue and grey can bring a sense of versatility and harmony. You can choose to have contrasting living room colour schemes with light blue and a deep charcoal grey or opt for a more seamless look where the colours blend together seamlessly. Additionally, blue and grey bring the colours of nature into the home and make it feel fresh and funky.
● Sage green is a popular living room paint idea and can be used in various parts of the house to create an energising, relaxing environment. It’s truly a good choice for cramped, dark living rooms.
● The off-white colour is a neutral shade that can maximise natural light and make spaces seem larger. Pairs well with different living room styles, furnishings, and other colours.
● Navy blue is a rich, deep colour. It has a grey undertone and works well with bright white and cream trims and other accents.
● Rooms facing east-north will benefit from warmer hues, while south-west facing rooms will require cooler tones.
● Neutral shades like white, beige, or grey are the best choices to create a serene and relaxing atmosphere. They allow you to add colour and interest to the living room with decor pieces, such as throw pillows, rugs, and artwork.
● Representatives contact customers to understand home interior painting needs.
● Their paints are available in a variety of finishes and colours, making it easy to find the perfect hall colour combinations.
● Site evaluation is conducted on premises by trained contractors.
● Quotation is provided based on evaluation and painting requirements that fit your budget.
● Safety protocols are always in place, including temperature checks, site sanitization, and enhanced supervision.
● A supervisor is always available to assist the site and conduct quality checks throughout the project completion.
● Asian Paints product warranty is offered as part of great after-sales service.
A great way to choose paint colours is to apply samples to white paper and place them on the walls at different times of the day to see how the light affects the shade. Be sure to also see how the colours coordinate with other elements in the room, such as curtains or sofas, before making a final decision.
When considering hall colour combinations or living room colour combinations, a useful approach for selecting paint colours is to apply samples onto white paper and then observe how they appear on the walls at various times of the day, considering how the light influences their shades. It is equally important to assess how these colours harmonize with other elements in the room, like curtains or sofas, to ensure a well-informed and satisfying choice. So, by carefully examining the paint samples, you can find the perfect colour combination that complements your space.
Opting for neutral colours for both walls and floors is an excellent way to enhance the spaciousness and openness of a room, creating an airy ambience. To amplify this effect, consider selecting a palette of coordinated light shades, especially for your living room colour combination. Light wall colour combinations in your living room can work wonders in reflecting light, thus adding an extra touch of brightness to the space. For an added trick, consider incorporating multiple mirrors as part of your living room wall décor ideas. When strategically positioned across from windows, this will double the light's effect and create the illusion of a larger room.
To infuse your living room with drama and character, consider using contrasting hues that can add flair to your space. One captivating hall colour combination is the timeless blend of pink and green, elevated by the inclusion of teal blue, resulting in a striking and dynamic design. Embracing a neutral palette for open living room & dining room colour combinations can also enhance the appeal of a minimalist home, providing a balanced and sophisticated ambience. By carefully selecting your hall colour combination, you can achieve a captivating and cohesive design that truly stands out.